Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sports News, My Views

Welcome to the second edition of sports news, my views

Up first:

Sports News: Formula One considers promotion and relegation.

My views: Have they gone mad. Of all the crap ideas they have come up with over the last few years to get this sport back on the roadmap, this has to be the worst. In a sport that gets dominated by one driver every year, they want to start to put the focus on the guys who finish last. How will the TV coverage show this. I can hear the commentator now " Well Alonso is going to win this so we will now concentrate on some second rate driver at the back. Don't worry though we will see Alonso on every 10th lap as he laps the poor suckers who can't get a decent car deal. Formula One needs to take a leaf out of A1's book and start to look at making the cars more equal, or every year it will not always be the best driver who wins the competition.

Sports News: NHL to probe betting ring

My Views: This is a real shame. Last year there was no hockey at all and this year it is involved in a betting scandal. Unfortunately these types of scandal go around all sports. Some are mere allegations, but some turn out to be true. I sincerely hope in this case that nothing is proven, I think Hockey has suffered enough over the last 18 months. On a lighter note the person they are questioning has the most apt name in a while, Phoenix Coyotes assistant coach Rick Tocchet (presumably pronounced Rick Toshey), which just makes me think of the old Rick O'Shea jokes we made as kids. Please e-mail if you require further information

Sports News: GB's Rudman sets pace in training

My Views: So what. Last time the winter Olympics were held we had the best skeleton player\rider whatever, and she still lost. What will be different this time? Everything and a gold medal I hope, but probably nothing. This has to be one of the most insane sports I have ever seen. Throwing yourself down a bobsled run head first on nothing more than a tin tray. One thing I can say, is it take balls! Good luck to Shelley Rudman, I hope she makes it and comes home safe with a medal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home