Thursday, February 09, 2006

Welcome fellow sports potatos

Welcome to my sports blog. Over the past 3o something years I have noticed the tendency to get become absorbed in to more and more sports, and more specifically certain sports teams to a point where I search the web to track down results from all over the world just to find out what happened in a minor non-league game somewhere in the lower reaches of the south island of New Zealand.

In this blog I am going to record my thoughts about all the sports teams I follow, report on the games I see, whether that be in person or from the comfort of my couch, and lament about the losses I know nothing about. I don't claim to be an expert in any sports, except maybe football (soccer to some of you), just your average everyday sports nut.

So here below is a list of all the sports and the teams that I currently follow.
  • Football - Cambridge United (Conference) and England
  • Rugby Union - Northampton Saints (Guiness Premiership), Wellington Hurricanes (Super 14), Wellington Lions (NPC) and England
  • Rugby League - Warrington Wolves (Super League) and New Zealand Warriors (NRL), Great Britain and England
  • Cricket - Somerset (County and one day) and England
  • American Football - Green Bay Packers (NFL)
  • Baseball - San Francisco Giants (MLB)
  • Basketball - Golden State Warriors (NBA)
  • Ice Hockey - open to suggestions, currently San Jose looks good
  • Aussie Rules - Sydney Swans

So as you can see I don't jump on bandwagons, and there are good reasons for following each of these teams that I will explain as we go along. And of course if anyone out there knows of a sport that I'm missing and a new team for me to hinder, help support with passion just let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home