Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sports News, My Views

Welcome to the every other day feature of my blog, this is where I take some sports news of the last 48 hours and give you my views on it. Credit for this idea should go to Larry Csonka over at 411mania.com/wrestling who does something almost exactly identical for wrestling news. So here we go

Sports News. Wales make 14 man Scotland suffer. Wales beat Scotland 28-18 in the RBS Six nations after Scot Murray gets sent off for kicking a welshman in the head.

My Views. This is good news, especially for England, they are now the only undefeated team left and in the box seat to win the Six nations. Andy Robinson should be focusing on this to motivate his team to the Grand Slam.

Sports News. Patrick Viera says that Thierry Henry's future at Arsenal is uncertain

My Views. No kidding. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a player like Henry needs to be playing in all the best competitions. With Arsenals current form being poor, they currently sit 5th in the Premier League, one place outside the Champions League places. My guess is that despite what he says if Arsenal fail to make the Champions League then the call of Barcelona will be too much for him. Wenger is going to have a tough job over the next few weeks to make sure that his team get into the last remaining Champions league slot

Sports News. Day 2 of the Winter Olympics sees the first gold for Italy. Gold for the USA, Norway, Holland, Estonia and Russia. Also bad news for the USA as Michelle Kwan is forced to pull out of the figure skating.

My Views. Hands up all those people who knew the Winter Olympics was on. Thought so. For a moment I wondered if I could be bothered but somehow I got hooked on watching of all things the 30km Cross Country skiing race this afternoon. The question here is why did I have to go to Eurosport to watch this. Surely the winter Olympics should get as much publicity as the summer ones. Now this may be the case in places like Norway, Sweden etc. But not here. I just wonder how much we are missing out on. I'll be attempting to tune in as much as I can over the next tow weeks, even if it is only to see the hopeless Britain struggle into last place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home