Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bugger, and the French won as well

Well it could not have turned out to be a worse day if it had tried. Firstly England lose yet again on penalties, and then the bloody French go and beat Brazil, thus ensuring that the the final will not be contested with any of the best footballing teams in the competition. I cannot comment on the game, I didn't watch it, I couldn't bring myself to. So its safe to say France probably deserved it, but right now I just don't care.

Why? Well basically because England were absolutely robbed by Portugal yesterday. I can sit here and argue for hours about the ref, and Rooney etc., but I won't because actually the ref was OK and if you really press me I may agree he should have sent Rooney off. Why do I think we were robbed. Because we created the most chances, we played better and we probably should have scored. Robinson had one save to make, just one. The Portuguese tactic was clear from the start, frustrate them and wind up Rooney. They did a good job.

Could Sven have done better, I think so. Lampard still failed to deliver and it would have made more sense to go to 4-4-2 in the second half. He may well have done this had Rooney not got sent off. He should have done it from the start and really attacked them, we would have won. Sometimes u need to be bold, when it matters, try and win the game not worry about not losing. 4-4-2 would have won us the World Cup, 4-5-1 never would. So we now move into the McLaren era, one that needs to be successful for the FA's sake as well as the fans. Lets hope we see someone unafraid to drop key players and who will take an attacking outlook, bring on Euro 2008, but please no more penalty shootouts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home